2 Day Tellington T-Touch Zero to Hero with Alex Wilson of XtraDog Training
Alex is a fully qualified Tellington TTouch Practitioner
The TTouch course is a two day deep dive into Tellington TTouch bringing in some of the ideas of the Naughty But Nice® Programme.
This is a combination of practical and theory sessions. Within the course we will cover the following:
• What is TTouch, a presentation on what the work is understanding body language and learning how to observe your dogs. We do a couple of short practical sessions within this presentation.
• Touch session, we will learn around 6-10 of the body touches, and how to use them. We practice on each other followed by a session with the dogs participating.
• Body wraps, what are they, how do they work. We have a go at wearing wraps to gain a better understanding of the value of wraps
• Introvert Extrovert. A presentation looking at Canine emotions and behaviour, some of the NBN strategies and how dogs make choices, we incorporate a discussion on arousal and threshold and helping dogs to make positive choices. We also look at some of the dangers of labeling dogs.
• Relationship building with your dog. A presentation about enhancing your relationship with your dog, we also discuss some of the multi-person leading techniques, and techniques using ropes.
• TTouch Chinese Whispers!
• Freework. We look at TTouch freework and give some of the dogs the opportunity to try freework and the counting game, developed by Sarah Fisher and Chirag Patel.
• Groundwork We have the opportunity to take dogs around a confidence course.